Monday 16 February 2015

Transfers... New Companion

Week 12
16th February 2015


On Tuesday and Wednesday Elder Richards and I visited members and investigators so that Elder Richards could say goodbye to them before he moved to his new area. I'll be doing the same when I get transferred  

We had a dinner appointment on Monday night, 3 appointments on Tuesday (!)  and also one Wednesday night. I seriously am gaining weight, it's just not showing too much on the outside.

Thursday I spent the day waiting for my new companion - Elder Santos - to get here. I sent Elder Richards off to Batangas at 8AM Thursday morning, went off to Siniloan to meet the missionaries there who were waiting for their new companions. 

Crazy, there were 14 in our zone, 7 got transferred out and only 5 came back! 

The mission has closed down the Infanta area, which is the most northern area in the mission. From what I've heard, it's crazy isolated out there. 

We now have no sisters in the area either, as there are not enough Sisters in the mission for them to stay there.

My companion got to Siniloan about 5.30PM and we went straight to the apartment. I was tired, so I slept while he unpacked. 

After I woke up and Elder Santos finished unpacking,  we went for a walk around the apartment so he could get familiar with a small part of the area. We walked past a members home and they invited us in and fed us! Four nights in a row of being fed - This week was a great week for sure. :)

So the Paete missionaries - the other missionaries in our branch - can't work because Elder Raymundo has chicken pox. They have to stay in for two weeks, and Elder Fa'asavalu is going insane, and it's only been 4 days! We've been going over there every day to drop off food and stuff because they aren't allowed to leave their apartment until Elder Raymundo is better.

Saturday it rained. I prefer working in the rain, but everywhere gets crazy muddy and the mud always gets on my shoes and pants. So at least once a week, I have to wash my shoes and re-shine them. We met a new investigator too, and he said he would read the Book of Mormon. Seems like a golden investigator right now.

Sunday was the usual... went to church. We did have a "unified home teaching" with some of the Melchezidek Priesthood holders after church, but  Elder Santos and I couldn't go on splits because we had appointments during the afternoon. 

We had one investigator at church, and as much as one is better than none, it would be great if they all came to church. If I could just express myself the way I want to in Tagalog right now, I would be happy. It would be even easier if I could just do it in English! But none of them would understand... which is starting to get to me - not in a bad way, but I just want to tell them the way I feel about the gospel! But hey, all in good time I guess. 

Tomorrow we have companion exchanges with the Assistants to President. I'm keen for them to meet our investigators and hopefully help out with some of them and be able to invite them to attend church.

Sorry no pics this week... will send some next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment