Tuesday 28 April 2015

Week of Miracles!

Week 22
27th April 2015


This week was a pretty good week, in fact it was a week of miracles!

On Friday we had the Zone Leaders come out to our area and work with us. Of course coming from the biggest city on this island, they were shocked to see like nothing out here. But, we had a good days work with them, and I learned a lot from them.

Saturday came and went, and that was just a normal day. We taught a few lessons, talked to a few people and yeah just the normal day of missionary work I guess.

Yesterday, was amazing. We went to church, and for the first time since I have been in this area, we had a Priesthood class in the third hour! It was a great lesson too, as we spoke about "It is not a sin to be weak". 

After church, we even had a Branch Council meeting, and even though there aren't many people in the Branch Council, it was great just to have a meeting in the area. Later that day we went to do some missionary work, and some of our appointments were postponed.. so we ended up going to watch an inter-Barangay basketball game. 

These little community games are crazy intense! There is always a big crowd watching, and hecklers and everything! Of course, being missionaries, we talked to people as we watched the game, and shared the gospel where we could. Some people even asked me if I wanted to play for a Barangay as an import, even though I haven't even played basketball in this town yet. And no, I didn't talk myself up like I have game hahahaha.

Right now we are in week 5 of the transfer, and next Sunday we find out the transfers. There is such a possibility that I could be transferred after only one cycle here on the island.

This week we have our interviews with President Mangum, our mission president. I am looking forward to speaking with him, and seeing what I can do to improve myself as a missionary.

It's pretty hot here..  but like it's nothing really. Compared to my time in the mini-mission, when we were all tracting in like 40+ degree heat, this is easy....

Our teaching pool in this area is slowly growing, things are starting to work out...... Need to keep working hard though.

I still don't even have a pillow hahaha. I sleep on what is supposed to be my pillow cover! I will buy a pillow next time we go to Calapan at the mall there.

Our flats are pretty nice... Of course, bucket showers and no toilet paper, but our landlady is the bomb! She lets us use her washing machine, but the washing machines here are not like the ones at home. Still...better than hand washing.


Elder Ackroyd and Elder Crichton

Feed at McDonalds Calapan for Elder Wooden's Birthday

You can't really tell, but I'm on top of a tricycle....

Late night feeds with the boys at the flat



No comments:

Post a Comment