Tuesday 19 May 2015

Week of Meetings... and some basketball!

Week 25
18th May 2015

We had our Zone Training Meeting on Wednesday, and we spoke about improving our numbers here in the Mindoro Zone. President Mangum has a vision for our zone, because before it was a zone where missionaries were a little laid back. So he wants us to turn it into the zone of example. We are still a long ways from making that happen though, but it will happen.

We have had little progress with some our investigators.  We haven't had any come to church in the last month, same with the less-actives we teach. It's hard work, but at the end of the day, everyone has their own choice, so upto them. All I can do is my part. Though the people here are a lot more open to missionaries than at home. Our mission has already had over 200 baptisms this year, and we're like one of the lowest baptising missions in the Philippines!

On Saturday, we went to Victoria chapel for some self-reliance work shop. Something about growing your own vegetables and stuff like that. I don't know, I was asleep, haha.

Yesterday we had the District President attend our branch, and well hopefully the branch gets into action from what he has counselled them to do. I know our Branch President will be making more moves now, and hopefully that will spur the rest of the branch to follow his example. He started doing visits to some less-active members, and hopefully that will continue. We are having a Branch Council in two Sundays, to really kick into gear the member-missionary work in Pola Branch.

Our Branch Mission Leader, Elders Quorum President, and Sunday School President are all YSA who are also RM's. In fact, most of our Priesthood are RM's in the last 4 years, with two preparing to leave in the next 1-2 years.

Today, we are playing basketball out in my area. The YSA in my branch have been asking me for ages, but I just did what my companion wanted to do on P-day. Not today, I organised it, and the Socorro Elders, Pinamalayan Elders, us, and the YSA from our branch will be coming down to play, so should be good. I haven't played for over a month.. So, I'm happy to finally be playing again later this afternoon.

One of the photos I sent it's from on the top of a hill we walk up every day. I decided to finally take a photo. If you zoom up really close and are able to see the mountains in the distance, that is the other island in our mission, Marinduque. That's how close we are to them.


Outside our branch meeting house

Upstairs and outside - class being held

View from one of the hills we walk most days




No comments:

Post a Comment