Wednesday 27 May 2015

Progress!

Week 26
25th May 2015


The weather is getting hotter and hotter, because summer is in June/July. Ugh, they only have two seasons in the Philippines. Summer, and  a slightly cooler summer in December/January, and even then it never goes below 20 degrees. Luckily I'm from Brisbane, where it gets just as hot, so I've had an easier time bearing it than some other missionaries.

The Branch I am in is really starting to progress. Taking bigger and bigger steps to becoming a well-oiled machine.  Last week we had a Sunday School President called, and he assigned different people to teach every week. We now have a Priesthood class on the weekly, which didn't happen when I first got here. 

Next week, we have a Branch Auxiliary meeting, which is the 2nd meeting in as many months, so I'm really excited. The members are starting to get into missionary work with less active visits and referral giving, albeit slowly, but I'm just happy to see progress.  Of course, our Branch President is leading the way, giving us referrals and visiting with us whenever he can. We haven't had investigators at church for at least a month, but either way I'm happy to see the branch progress.

Nothing too big is happening this week, I think. Our weekly District Meeting is on Wednesday, church on Sunday, and proselyting the rest of the week. 

As missionaries we trade gear ... so I have been doing some trading lately. I traded two of my hats away for some shoes and a toa samoa polo shirt.

So, yeah last Thursday I passed 6 months! 1 quarter of my mission down, 3 to go!

Sorry - no photos this week the card reader is playing up on this computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment