Wednesday 14 October 2015

Baptism

Week 46
12th October 2015


This week was a good week. We had our baptism on Friday and it was a great success! I conducted the baptismal service, and also gave a workshop about the Restoration, and my companion, Elder Snyder, gave a talk on what baptism is. 

It's a great knowledge knowing that through baptism and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, we enter into the gate that leads towards eternal life! One important thing though to remember, is that it's only the gate, and we all still have a long way before we get there.

Conference was straight long. We rocked up to the Priesthood session about 8AM on Saturday, and when it started only the missionaries were in attendance. We split off into 2 groups, with some preferring to listen in Tagalog and others in English. Even though I can understand what they say in Tagalog, some of it is really deep, and I'd rather listen to it in English. Unlike last conference I was awake for every thing but 1 talk on Sunday afternoon. Took tonnes of notes, and learned so much from the speakers.

Thanks for the parcel. Got the clippers as well - not sure how I'm gonna cut my own hair though. I did it last time, but stuffed up a little bit, but more I practice I'll get better.

One thing that I neglect to say mum, is how much I appreciate and love you. Thanks for always being there for me, and how much you have cared for me in the last 19 years. Because of your help and encouragement, I stand here in the Philippines sharing the gospel to the people here. I feel like I don't express that enough how much I owe to you for my journey this far.




No comments:

Post a Comment