Tuesday 20 October 2015

Safe and well

Week 47
19th October 2015


Email to his dad last week : I have neglected to do this for 11 months now, but I just want to say how much I love you, and thank you for everything that you have done for me as your only son. You and mum have helped me so much in becoming the man I am today, and I'm grateful that I've had my dad around for 19 years now. I realize that not everyone gets to have their dad for 19 years, and sometimes I take it lightly. Thanks for your example over 25 years ago of serving, because it made it a little bit easier to serve the Lord, seeing as my dad is an RM.



We're fine, just a bit of strong wind and lots of rain, but that didn't stop us from our missionary work. We were out every day, working hard, looking for people to teach, and we had a lot of success this week. Probably the key indicator I'm most happy about was us finding 26 new investigators this week! We spent so much time tracting, and had we worked a little bit more diligently, we would have gotten close to 50 lessons this week, which isn't bad considering we never have been able to have splits with members.

Another thing that had me super happy was having 9 investigators at church! Even though other missionaries invite a lot more people to church, I'm super happy with that, because I feel like the area is actually progressing. We get little help, but the work that my companion and I are doing, I feel like we're doing a lot. We still need the members to do their part though.

So, last week I expressed my love to you and dad. Well, the reason I wanted to do this was because Elder Faka'i's dad passed away in his sleep last Saturday night, and our zone found out on Sunday after conference videos. It shocked our whole zone, but Elder Faka'i is a strong missionary, and decided he was going to stay out in the mission. We ended up staying with him for the night on Sunday night, and spent P-day with them. It shocked me to the core, because it easily could have been me in his shoes, so I felt the need to express how much I love my parents.

This week, our big thing is transfer day, except neither of us are transferred, so my companion gets to stay for a couple more baptisms. We have one of our investigators baptismal interview this coming Saturday, he gets baptised on the 31st October, he's very excited for it.

We've got a couple more lessons booked in for this afternoon so we're pretty busy.


Elder Crichton and Elder Faka'i



Elder Crichton and his companion Elder Snyder






No comments:

Post a Comment