Monday 18 January 2016

Another transfer in Gumaca

Week 60
18 January 2016


This week was pretty good. The work is going pretty well, and I'm enjoying my time here in Gumaca at this point. Monday night, we ended up staying in Lopez for a FHE with the members of Lopez 1st Ward, so that was cool. Wednesday we also had exchanges with the district in Malinao area. Same thing as last exchanges, 2 sets of 3 missionaries, all working in the one area. We (Me, Elder Costales, Elder Dela Cruz) just went around to visit members because on Thursday Elder Costales was transferred to Lipa Zone, so he was saying goodbye to all the members.

Sunday was a good day, we had a great lesson with our investigators scheduled for baptism on February 6. They are very close to being married. They are going to Lucena City today to pick up some paperwork, then they will set the date to be married, and shortly after that they will be baptized! Exciting times ahead for them, and I can't wait.

Transfers just left, and yep I'm still here. Second area in a row where I'll be doing 6 months, so hopefully I can keep my fire burning after the baptisms, because it's hard to keep it going for me.

This coming week is the first week of the new transfer, and I'm pretty excited! I have a vision for the area that I would love to come to pass, and I'm going to be doing a lot of things to bring it to pass with the members. We had Ward Council yesterday, and it seems like Bishop is ready to start this year off right. They're in the process of organizing the ward properly, then getting the show going. I wouldn't mind staying here for 7 and a 1/2 months just to be here with the ward, and watch the progress in front of my eyes.

I didn't do any 12 week training with my companion, as I just didn't have the fire for any of it last week. Plus he needed the break - we just did normal missionary stuff. I'm gonna get back on this week, and get the fire burning in the both of us to work this area like crazy.

Anyway, today we're just chilling, doing weekly needs and stuff like that, so we won't be too exciting. I'm hoping to get out and at least teach 1 lesson tonight, and just get the week started off good.










No comments:

Post a Comment