Sunday 15 May 2016

Best Week of my Mission!

Week 76
09th May 2016

This week was to-date, the best week of my entire mission! I was able to experience for the first time, the effect of hard working members who are willing to work with the missionaries. The difference is huge, and I definitely noticed it, and not just in the numbers, although the numbers went through the roof too. Having a fellowshipper for the investigators, and a friend for the less-active members really helps the work progress a lot faster. I am aware though, things do not happen in just one week, so the true success won't come for a little while, but keeping at the work, and being DILIGENT will definitely help the area here, and bring success to us all.

When I was a newer missionary, I expected results and success from hard work straight away, but it definitely is not how things work. I have learned to accept the Lord's timing, and to be happy about anything, and not let myself get down about little things that don't have much importance in the long term. Whether I am a planter or harvester, as long the glory is to our Heavenly Father, I can't complain about anything. I really have learned to rely on the Lord in the last couple of weeks, and it's bringing me great joy! Where I slip and fall, the Atonement helps me get up and keep going, because like an analogy that my Mission President likes to use, even if I'm 30 points down with a minute to go, as long as I'm on the Lord's side, the win is ours.

I'm looking forward to the ZTM this week. I'm probably most excited to learn what the Zone Leaders have in store for us in their workshop about whatever it is. I cherish time in ZTM, because of the things I learn, and it helps rejuvenate me in the missionary work, I have my trials, but that isn't any different for anyone else here.

It was really good to see you all on Saturday for our Mothers Day Skype. I actually had a little moment yesterday at church to be honest. I looked around seeing all the youth sitting with their mothers and grandmothers, giving them stuff, and well I was sitting their holding my scriptures.  I missed home, but it went away quickly I have a lot of things to do. 

This week should be cool. We have Zone Training Meeting, and my first trainer, Elder Richards, is back in the Philippines, so he's coming to visit me on Wednesday once we've finished with Zone Training Meeting. Excited to see him again, it's been a long time. 

Miss some of the Missionaries that have already gone home. Elder Richards was my trainer. Elder Fa'asavalu was my mentor. My first 8 months of my mission was spent with him.

Four of us in the apartment tonight as we have exchanges tomorrow.  Elder Mesias will be cooking for us - he's our Master Chef!

No comments:

Post a Comment