Monday 2 May 2016

Busy Week Teaching!

Week 75
02nd May 2016


This week was great! We went out with a determination that no matter what, me and my companion would teach 30 lessons. We had high hopes on Thursday, but things happened on Saturday and we feared we wouldn't reach that goal this week. On Sunday, we were determined to reach it, and thank goodness, we were blessed to visit 4 homes and share.

One thing I haven't really experienced in my mission, is constantly having members working with us. In most instances, we could go half a transfer without any members working with us. This last week was the first time I experienced it. Our Branch Mission Leader, who is newly called, worked with us for 3 straight nights, and while he was working with us, we were able to talk about things we could do to help motivate the branch missionaries to work again.

The miracle came yesterday in MCM. We had almost all of our branch missionaries in the meeting. Our Branch Mission Leader did a schedule up on the black board, and asked the branch missionaries for times they could work with us. To our amazement, all the branch missionaries said they were available to work with us, and set a schedule. If this all follows through, we could be on splits nearly every day this week, which will help us in moving the work forward  here in Nasugbu, inviting more people back from in-activity, and bringing more souls into the fold of the loving shepherd, Jesus Christ. We have every hour of every day filled with the branch missionaries working with us, most with specific investigators that they will be fellowshipping for us.

Another first for me, was finding a family who is really searching for truth. We first tracted into the mother of the family a couple of weeks back, and got around to visiting them on Wednesday. They said to us in our last visit that they haven't yet been baptized into the church they're currently attending due to the fact that they still aren't sure if that's the right place for them. When me and my companion heard that, we almost jumped through the roof with excitement! They specifically said when they get an answer to their prayers, they will be baptized for sure. So for now we will continue visiting with them and teaching them.

I was blessed with finding out the truth for myself, and now with a firm faith that this is Christ's true church, hearing our investigators say things like that make me excited!

We're off to Family Home Evening a bit later with a family that I met while I was serving in Gumaca, they moved here in Jan, and I followed them here a month later.... we're there every Monday.

This week will be super busy with us working with the branch missionaries, but I'm looking forward to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment