Saturday 6 August 2016

Back to Work!

Week 88
01 August 2016


Bit late emailing today - we had a massive power cut and it only just came back on. Power was out in the whole town.

It was pretty hard adjusting from no work, and going into a full day again, and I struggled with it. We didn't get the results we wanted to, but the amazing thing was that we still had 7 investigators attend church yesterday! Our church attendance has been consistently up there, so we're really thankful for the members and their hard work with investigators, and bringing them to church.

We do have some amazing investigators though, which makes it that much enjoyable to work, and to visit with them. We have 3 investigators scheduled for baptism on August 13, so we're really excited for that day to come around. In the meantime, we'll be busy finding, teaching, and doing normal missionary things to help build the kingdom of God here in Nasugbu.

This last week was pretty uneventful, but nonetheless it was good. Wednesday, we had our district meeting again, and I ran some interviews to see how each missionary in my district is going, and to help & encourage them to work hard. We have 4 missionaries going home within the next 3 cycles, including myself, so trying to keep them focused is my biggest challenge (All while keeping myself motivated at the same time!).

On Saturday I had my first baptismal interview! That was definitely something different. The lady I interviewed is great. She has a really strong testimony of the Book of Mormon, and she told me how much it changed her life. She knows that the gospel is true. She will be baptized this Saturday. For me, it was a weird feeling, being 19 years old and interviewing someone for baptism. I felt like a Bishop or Branch President!

This week is another busy week, but we will be out of our area for 2 days. Tuesday we have exchanges with the Zone Leaders, and I'll be in Lemery, then District Meeting on Wednesday. Wednesday afternoon me and the other District Leader in our zone will be travelling to San Pablo together, ahead of our District Leader Council meeting on Thursday. I'm not sure what to expect with the meeting, but I've been told the food is really nice, so looking forward to that as well. From that, back into work on Friday, and then onwards & upwards.

Now off to a members house for dinner.  They always drop us home after - not by car - they don't have one - but by tricycle!

No comments:

Post a Comment