Saturday 17 September 2016

Zone Training and Meetings

Week 94
12th September 2016


This week was great! We had a really good, enjoyable week this week.
On Tuesday I had my first exchanges as a District Leader, and it was with an elder who was in my zone in Mindoro, and also in my zone in Lopez. We spent the day working, and had a good experience.

Zone training meeting was on Wednesday, and we were late! But everyone had to wait for me because I was conducting. Luckily for them I was only like 5 minutes late, so they didn't have to wait too long. The meeting was good. Had a few laughs with everyone, and learnt some new things. The topic was something we've covered many times over my 2 years, but always something new to learn.  Afterwards we all ate together, like always.

Thursday, Friday & Saturday was all work. Nothing much out of the ordinary happened. On Sunday was church, and we had 3 investigators at church, which was cool. The investigators are a mother & her 2 children, and the only reason they aren't baptized yet is because the mother isn't married to her partner, so we're just waiting for that to happen first.

Also conducted a baptism interview yesterday in Calamba 2nd branch. The brother I interviewed, Brother Matt, is great! He has a strong testimony. He had a Word of Wisdom issue before, but now has a strong testimony that life is so much better without the alcohol & cigarettes in his life.

We had our Zone P-day this morning, and it was pretty lame, I won't lie! We were at some botanical gardens, and I have no interest in plants, hahaha. The best part was probably just being with the zone together as one. We have a crew of 3 that I call "2 & 1/2 Samoans". Me, Sister Faumuina & Elder Luafalealo. They're the 2 Samoans, and I'm the half (because I'm half-cast).

This week will be busy, as we have 2 exchanges with 2 different companionships in the week. I have at least one companionship exchange per week, and this week is 2! Going to be worn out, but if I can help others in some way, companionship exchanges is the best place. Tomorrow is with Calamba 2 Elders, then on Friday is the Zone leaders. I'll be doing all the travelling, so we'll see how it goes. Hopefully I won't be jet-lagged on jeepneys!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment