Sunday 25 September 2016

Enjoyed my Week!

Week 95
19th September 2016

This week was another great week in the mission field. It wasn't really anything that exciting, it was just a week of work, and I enjoyed it.

I had exchanges on Tuesday in Calamba 2 area with Elder Bangal. We had a good day of work, and me & him were in the same District in my last area, so it was cool to be with him. He told me that our exchanges were his first exchanges in his whole mission, and he's been in the mission for nearly 9 months now. He told me he really enjoyed them, as did his companion enjoy the exchanges in my area.

Wednesday we had District meeting. We had 2 birthdays last week on the 8th & 9th, so this week we bought a cake for them. I shouldered most of the money, but had some others throw in some money too. The topic for our last meeting was about working with members, and recognizing how effective working with the members can be. It was a good meeting, and even though I've attended almost 100 (literally) District meetings in my mission, I still enjoy hanging out with my District, and learning from one another, but mostly now everyone learns from me because I'm the oldest missionary (mission age) in my District.

Other than that, the week was great. Church was great, as I gave a talk in sacrament meeting. I didn't prepare on Saturday night because I was washing my clothes, but I ended up talking about family history.

Next Sunday is Branch Conference, so there will be heaps of food! I'm excited to eat as much as I possibly can, without feeling bad for others. That's one thing I miss about Nasugbu. The members make heaps, and I wasn't allowed to leave sometimes until the food was completely finished. Sometimes I couldn't walk properly, but I love eating, so all good. Hopefully we can get a lot of people at Branch Conference!

This week is a pretty busy week. Exchanges again tomorrow (Exchanges is energy-sapping!) with Calamba 1. I'm doing all the travelling to other areas because I want to see how each Elder in my district handles leading an area. Being District Leader is really tiring to be honest. We have district meeting again on Wednesday, and then on Thursday is my last Zone Conference ever! I'll be bearing my farewell testimony, so that will be something cool to experience. It won't be a trademark Elder Crichton talk/ testimony if I don't say something "unique", so we'll see what I can think up to say!

We played basketball this morning then went to the mall to chill - Elder Luafalealo shouted us krispy kremes. 





No comments:

Post a Comment