Sunday 5 June 2016

Transfer Week - I'm staying!

Week 79
30 May 2016


Things are going great! Our baptism went great this week! I really enjoyed the baptism, and seeing our little convert get baptized and then confirmed yesterday in Sacrament meeting. We have another couple of baptisms coming up in the next few weeks. We're hoping theres three, but we'll see how things go. I believe all will go well though. I'm excited!

My companion is out! We waited for the call, and he is off to POLA! I couldn't believe it, he will have the same second area that I did, and I'll know he'll do a great job out there. I warned that it was hard, and the work there will really test your faith, but he'll be able to handle it. My new companion is also Filippino.


We've had a bit of success lately with people coming to church, and we've had a less-active family come two weeks in a row, and I'm really happy to see them at church always. 

I love seeing people I teach and share to, attend church on Sundays, because it means progress is being made. One thing I always tell people. Church is not for the perfect, but church is like a hospital. Everyone is sick or needs help with different things, and we all go to church to be healed through the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Now I understand the reason why I was encouraged to attend church, because it ultimately helped me change a little, enough to get out on a mission. Since I've been here I've grown in my faith so much. I can't deny in any way possible that this church isn't true.

This week will be a bit interrupted with transfer day and all, but it will still be good either way. I'll be taking my new companion around the area, introducing him everywhere and to everyone. I'm looking forward to the new challenge. 

Also, my trainee is transferred into my zone again! Excited to see him again, and catch up with him. Almost half of our zone here in Batangas is transferred, so it's a lot of new faces to welcome into my zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment